RSS

Thursday, June 28, 2012

US Trials Day 5 Primer

Sorry about the lack of recaps from Finals... day 1 here in Nepean took forever and the sauna-esque conditions are not facilitating the energy to spend a great deal of time blogging afterwards.  I completely missed Finals tonight, the results looked fantastic and set up for some big time showdowns in the Day 6 events.

Women's 100FR:  The Unstoppable Force
Can anyone pick against Allison Schmitt??  Why would you want to?  1:54.40 200FR tonight, are you kidding me (kidding wasn't my first choice of words).  Schmitt has been the story of the women's side of Trials, and even Missy Franklin is taking a back seat to Schmitt's brilliance.  Ranking 1-4... Schmitt, Franklin, Vollmer, Romano

Men's 200BK:  Lochte
Good field... a bunch of non-sense analysis, blah blah blah... I'm taking Lochte to win.

Women's 200BR:  Soni's Revenge
Breeja Larson posted one of the biggest surprises of Trials thus far but in the 200BR I'm taking Soni to win Trials and move forward to win the Olympic gold.

Men's 200IM:  Lochte vs. Phelps: The Final Round
Flip a coin...  I did.  Phelps 1, Lochte 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment