RSS

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

US Trials Day 4 Primer

I'm live in Nepean, so I'll put together this look at prelims tomorrow at US Trials...

Men's 100FR: Bring On The Sprinters + Lochte & Phelps (Of Course)
The tagline above says it all.  The American sprinters finally get released from their cage here on day 4 of the US Trials.  This means Nathan Adrian, Jimmy Feigen, Garrett Weber-Gale, Bobby Savulich, Cullen Jones, Nick Brunelli, and the enigmatic and legendary Jason Lezak get to show what they are bringing to the dance.  Of course Lochte & Phelps want to swim on this relay in London so they are entered prominently into the 100FR.  Ricky Berens and Matt Grevers are already on the Olympic team, swimming well, and they are going to be in the mix.  And the ultimate wild card and the man everyone should want to see... Anthony Ervin.

Sign me up... no shortage of intriguing story lines.  Old, young, current, retro, legendary, potential, there's something for everyone in this race.

Who do I see in the mix?  Top 4... Adrian, Phelps, Berens, Feigen.  The other 2 spots... Lochte, Grevers.  I just don't see Lezak or Ervin holding up over all 3 swims.

Women's 200FL: Teresa Crippen Or You Suck
I think I would start to cry if Teresa Crippen can climb onto the Olympic team and allow for the NBC crew to honour Fran Crippen in this Olympic team selection process and television coverage.  Good luck Teresa!!

Men's 200BR:  Hansen Or Shanteau... Who You Got?
I've got Shanteau.

No comments:

Post a Comment