RSS

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Freestyle Re-Think



This is freestyle at it's most masterful technically thought out and a wonderful resource.

I've been watching these The Race Club and Mike Bottom videos for months, breaking them down and applying, assessing, tweaking, and reassessing with my swimmers. The truth is that my group is obviously nowhere near as talented as some of the young men and women that Bottom is working with but if you can breakdown the strokes and scale the techniques into teachable segments then you can start to implement.

I have a group that is far from a complete project but freestyle times are coming down at a good rate with more qualifiers at every level - regional, provincial, and semi-national (not quite coaching National level talent at this point in time).

I recommend these techniques and these videos to any coaching looking to increase the technical focus of their freestylers.

No comments:

Post a Comment