RSS

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Heading To Pan Pacific Trials

I'm pumped! On Monday I leave for Montreal to go coach at the Pan Pacific Trials/Spring Nationals. Nationals are always great meets and when they double as a Trials then the meet is even better.

The vibe at Nationals is always different from other meets and I think that's because it's one of very few meets where officials and coaches make sure that the focus in on individual performances and helping the best swimmers in the country swim at their best. Nationals has longer warm ups and just a lot more accessibility to the things that swimmers need for peak performance.

This will be my first Nationals experience as a coach, I would say as a non-swimmer but I did go to short course Nationals last year as an announcer for prelims. This time around I'll be the 5th coach for the UofT/TSC/Toronto Academy of Swimming group. The team has certainly grown in the last few years, 25+ athletes are going to this meet so I'll be there to make sure all the grunt work gets done. Early buses, late shuttles, warmdown monitoring, basic advice, simple stuff, but clearly a good time to learn a lot.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures and have a few stories to tell from the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment